Your Employee Benefits Advocate will provide support in the following areas:
Proactive Benefit Education & Empowerment
- We educate you about employer selected benefits including plan design, utilization, estimated out of pocket costs, network design, share key points of contact & provide open enrollment counseling.
- We counsel you on benefit elections during open enrollment and provide strategies to maximize your existing benefits.
- We educate and counsel you about access and affordability challenges that may occur and how to navigate them when, or if, they happen.
Community Resource Navigation
- We provide guidance on employment protections you may be eligible for.
- We identify, navigate you to, and help you access a variety of community resources that can help address financial and access challenges you may face as a result of your diagnosis. These could range from difficulty paying for your medication to finding you assistance with transportation needs you have.
Management of Specific Access Issues
- We provide hands-on, compassionate, effective support whenever you need it, addressing specific access and affordability challenges you encounter that impact your ability to obtain the care you need.
- We provide assistance to address insurance challenges including coding and billing issues and denials of care.
Employee Benefits Advocate Program Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria must be met to receive assistance and intervention from an advocate:
- Enrolled in your employer sponsored group health insurance plan as an employee, spouse or dependent.
- Diagnosis of cancer, complex chronic condition, or rare disease.
- Receiving active treatment, have received treatment within the last six (6) months, or will begin treatment in the next 60 days.
Connecting with an Employee Benefits Advocate
To learn more about the Employee Benefits Advocate Program, or to request assistance from an Advocate, eligible employees can call during business hours or submit a request via the secure form.
Call the Employee Benefits Advocate Program toll-free hotline at 888-720-6899 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday, Eastern time.
A dedicated Advocate will be available to answer all calls and can immediately initiate work on the case.
To access the Employee Benefits Advocate Program online via the SECURE REQUEST FORM: Visit the Employee Benefits Advocate Program web intake form, which is available 24/7.
- Select the “Request Help” option
- Complete the referral form
- At least one method of contact MUST BE provided to ensure the advocate can connect
- Submit the request form
A dedicated advocate will make contact within 1 business day of receiving the online request for help, utilizing the preferred method of contact you indicated on the request form.
We are Here to Help
Lead Benefits Advocate
Michelle has been serving patients directly with Patient Advocate Foundation for over ten years, working one-on-one with patients to alleviate insurance and access issues. Michelle is a subject matter expert in insurance navigation, disability and complex access challenges. Michelle leads the team serving the needs of patients seeking assistance by the Employee Benefits Advocate Program.
Publications & Educational Resources